A C+Matlab-based PET simulation and reconstruction software, enabling realistic brain simulations, e.g. dynamic PiB PET imaging on the High Resolution Research Tomograph (HRRT).
- Analytic simulation of (dynamic) PET sinograms
- Begins with realistic computational human brain phantom
- Enables realistic, noisy simulations
- Statistical PET image reconstruction using 3D ordered-subset expectation maximization (OS-EM) algorithm
- Incorporate attenuation and normalization modeling
- Can simulate dynamic PET studies, with an initial table of kinetic K values; e.g. our default example performs dynamic PiB PET studies
Please use the following reference if you publish results with help from this software tool:
A. Rahmim, Y. Zhou, J. Tang, L. Lu, V. Sossi, and D. F. Wong
Direct 4D parametric imaging for linearized models of reversibly binding PET tracers using generalized AB-EM reconstruction
Phys. Med. Biol., vol. 57, pp. 733-755, 2012.
The various steps are controlled via Matlab Code. The PET forward projection and reconstruction steps are performed using C code. Please consult README file for details.